Amy Lopez is a California lawyer who focuses her practice on the area of family law.
Education and Experience
Amy Lopez completed her undergraduate degree at the University of the Pacific. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Pre-law and English, she went on to study law at the San Joaquin College of Law. She graduated from this institution with her Juris Doctor in 1995. Amy Lopez became licensed to practice law in the state of California during the following year. She has been practicing family law in California for 20 years.
Attorney Amy Lopez handles the following types of cases.
- Divorce – If you and your spouse no longer wish to be married, Attorney Amy Lopez can help you complete the process as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- Child Custody – Child custody cases typically result when a child’s parents don’t live together and cannot agree on issues related to custody and visitation. A formal custody agreement ensures that both parents are able to spend time with the child. Amy Lopez can help with new child custody agreements, as well as petitions for modification.
- Child Support – The state of California typically requires a child’s noncustodial parent to make regular child support payments to the child’s custodial parent. Amy Lopez will help you make sure that your child support arrangement is fair and appropriate.
- Paternity – In some cases, paternity must be established before the court can approve a child custody or child support arrangement.
- Spousal Support – When your marriage ends, the court may order spousal support. Amy Lopez can aid you in requesting spousal support or petitioning the court for modifications.
Attorney Amy Lopez understands how difficult it can be to deal with family law cases. Because of the serious issues faced in these cases, emotions often run high. For this reason, Attorney Lopez always treats her clients with compassion and respect. Regardless of the nature of your case, Amy Lopez will be by your side from start to finish. She will also be available to answer any questions you may have throughout the case.
Contact Amy Lopez
If you are dealing with a family law issue in the state of California, please contact Amy L. Lopez, Attorney at Law, today to schedule a consultation.